Click here to apply for funding
Funding Application Closing Dates
- The cut-off date date for receiving applications is the 20th of the month. Anything received after this date will be considered at the end of the following month.
- All funding applications/grants will be presented to the board for consideration at a meeting within that following week.
- Fund applicants will be informed in writing as to whether their application has been successful before the end of that month.
- Please make sure all funding applications/grants be applied for at least six weeks in advance of when the funds are required.
Annual General Meeting
- Friday 13 November 2018 @ 4.30pm
Funding Application Criteria
- Funding is only provided when eligibility for all other standard means of funding (eg. Ministry of Education and Health Authorities such as Enable) has been declined or only partially funded (documentation required).
- The Trust will reimburse .20 cents/ Km. towards Transport costs and Accommodation costs will be set at a maximum of $150.00 (GST incl.) reimbursement / night.
- - If referred to a specialist these expenses can be claimed through your local District Health Authority.
- Unused Funds- The Trust will be governed by the granting Funders criteria, however if there are none our Trust criteria will come into effect. This being that all grant money must be used for the purpose approved within 12 months of the grant being made (or any later date agreed by Brain Injured Children Trust, in writing).
- The Trust is under no obligation to meet requests forwarded by applicants and has complete discretion in the allocation of funds.
- Holiday Programmes funding. The Trust will fund per child 2 days per week for a Holiday Programme establishment and 1 day per week for a private carer of your choice/ or 3 days per week private carer only. (Capped at $85.00 per day for Private Carer)
- Family members as caregivers. The Trust will fund a family member as a carer as long as the carer is of the age of 18 or over.
- No retrospective applications will be accepted ie: applications need to be specific and future based purposes.
For more information on how to become a Member click here